5 End of Summer Diet Tips to Keep Your Bikini Body Year Round
Summer comes with plenty of beach snacks, BBQs, ice cream, and cocktails. Unfortunately, these items add to the waistline, and make it difficult to form healthy routines when summer ends and fall sets in. To keep your summer bikini body year-round, and avoid extra pounds added by heavy fall foods, and tempting winter treats, check out these 5 tips from our team here at QuickRXRefills.
1. Take it One Step at a Time: It’s hard enough to transition from summer to fall without a strict diet standing in your way. Don’t restrict all the good stuff right away. Instead, take it slow, and cut out unhealthy things one at a time, while adding healthy alternatives in their stead. For example, maybe you’ve gotten used to eating burgers and ice cream during the warm summer months. Rather than getting rid of these delicious treats right way, keep the burgers and replace the ice cream with fresh fruit.
Another option to keep some of those tasty summer bites without adding to the waist line, is to keep foods healthy during the week, and splurge on the weekends. Maybe you won’t be barbequing every night of the week, but Saturdays can still be hot dog and potato salad night. By keeping some of the fun in your life, transitioning into healthy eating will come more naturally, and be a little less painful.
2. Make Healthy Choices That are Still Tempting: Another way to keep the summer food fun alive without keeping the calorie count high is to modify the foods you love. Again, a great example is barbequed burgers and ice cream. Choose a lean meat, such as turkey breast, to create the patty, use low fat cheese, and wrap your burger in a lettuce, or a whole grain pita shell, rather than the thick fluffy white bun you’ve become accustomed to. Swap your full fat ice cream for a low fat frozen yogurt, or create your own frozen fruit smoothie instead.
There are plenty of ways to enjoy your meal while eating healthy. Don’t forego your favorites to slim down. Instead, find healthy ways to eat the food you love.
3. Find Time for Cardio: Summer vacation gives you plenty of time away from work to go for a run and workout. It’s also a great time for outdoor activities, from swimming to hiking. Unfortunately, as the weather cools, and work beckons for extra hours, it becomes more difficult to find time for cardio. No diet is successful without the addition of some exercise. Experts say that even 30 minutes of cardio a day can improve your overall health and help with weight loss.
Find the time to include cardio, even if it’s around the office. Take the stairs instead of the elevator, walk or bike to work instead of driving, or use part of your lunch hour to find a private place to exercise. Other great options for cardio activity during the fall includes yoga classes, indoor swimming sessions, or joining an extracurricular sporting activity, such as running club or basketball.
4. Increase Water Intake: For your food to be properly digested the body requires plenty of water. The average adult should drink 2 litres of water each day. This might seem like a lot, but if you make water a regular part of your daily routine, it will become common practice. A great way to increase water intake is to cut out other beverages which fool your body into thinking its being properly hydrated. Tea, coffee, and juice do provide some water for your body, but it just isn’t the same as the real thing. Tea and coffee, for example, include caffeine, a diuretic. Fruit juices are heavy in sugars, which will add to your waistline, rather than slimming it.
5. Focus on Portion Size: Sometimes it isn’t what you’re eating, but how much of it that slows the weight loss process. You can enjoy many of your favorite foods without overindulging, and keep healthy. One way to keep yourself from eating too much is to reduce the size of your plate. Rather filling a large dinner plate for each meal, consider using a small dessert plate for your meat and potatoes. The eyes will see a full plate, and the mind will think you’re consuming more than you are. You might be surprised to find that the suggested serving size of most of your favorite foods is much smaller than what you get at a restaurant.
Got caught up in the end of summer fun and forgot to refill your prescription in time for fall? Don’t sweat it. At QuickRXRefills, we offer one on one consultations with U.S. doctors for discreet, convenient prescription refills. Speak to a medical professional from the comfort of your own home, and then head into a local pharmacy where our medical team will send your prescription for pickup. Avoid long lines, hefty price tags, and prying eyes
WARNING: Limitations of Online Doctor/Medical Consultations and Online Prescriptions, QuickRxRefills Cannot and Will NOT Prescribe, Dispense, or Resell any and all medications Narcotics/Controlled Substances (this policy is fully enforced by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)) for Anti-depressants, Pain, Anxiety, Weightloss, Sleep, ADHD/ADD, Anabolic Steroids, Testosterone Replacement Therapy and any and all Medications that contain GabaPentin or Pseudroephedrine including non-controlled substances or any medications that are considered controversial, Off Labeled (Growth Hormone aka HGH) or recalled in nature such (i.e. Retin-A, Accutane). Furthermore, QuickRxRefills is not a substitute for an office based physician in your location nor is it a substitute for Emergency Medical Care or 911. If you do experience a "true" medical emergency your are encouraged to pick up the phone and dial 911 as soon as possible.